Sunday, June 29, 2014

49 days

Hello friends! My name is Holly, and I decided to start up this blog for when I go gallivanting to Canada for my year of exchange, since I spend all so much time on the Internet.

Just to be polite and introduce myself, I'm a second year Commerce International at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, off to Queen's University in Ontario, Canada, for two semesters. I love food, my bed, dogs, and waking up but then realising that you can afford to stay in bed for a little longer. I depart for my year away on August 18th, 2014, which is scarily close but still has not hit me yet.

Why did I choose Queen's?
Let's be real guys - I am definitely not smart enough to go Toronto University (dem feelz go out to my bruthaz who are also sitting on a very fine line between a Credit and Distinction WAM), yet I still wanted to be somewhere that was close to the main cities on the east side (Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa), yet close to the American border where I can pop on over to New York and Boston - I am also a tad clinically insane for Broadway Musicals. I assure you, I cannot sing or dance, BUT I STILL DO BOTH ANYWAY.
Queen's in located in Kingston, which is right on Lake Ontario (waterfront views WOT WOT), and has the most restaurants per capita of any city in Canada......CAN I GET AN AMEN??!?!?
Also, the sandstone Hogwarts-esque buildings immediately reeled me in and revived my hopes of attending the school of witchcraft and wizardry. There's also extra points for the school year beginning on September 1 :')



(I have no idea as to what buildings they are, I literally just Google Image'd 'Queen's University Canada' and look how pretty they are?!?!)

This blog will mostly just be a record of all my travels, as well as any tips and tricks that I find useful whist going through this whole exchange procedure. IT'S NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS Y'KNOW; you don't just pack your things and hope for an amazing year away, there's actually tonnes and tonnes of stuff to do.

Thanks for reading, and see you guys veeery soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment